It’s done! And in time for the show this week too, although we’ll see how big of a disruption Hurricane Sandy is to the workweek. This is definitely the best of the few quilts I’ve made (click here and here for those earlier attempts), both in craftsmanship and aesthetic appeal. I want to make a few more like it.
Pattern: my own, inspired by this tutorial. Machine-pieced and hand-quilted
Fabric: cotton scraps, including leftovers from these three dresses, plus yardage for the cream front and purple back
Batting: Heirloom Cotton
Size: 44″ by 55″
Recipient: Arden Pax, my friend’s first baby
Not only do I like the idea of cotton batting (vs poly), especially for a baby, but I also like the look of it. The first wash/dry makes it shrink, giving the quilt extra puffiness.
This tutorial was extremely helpful when it came time to make and attach the binding. This is the first time I’ve done a proper binding….I sometimes cut corners…so I was very proud that I did the process from start to finish and it turned out.