I ironed the pieces flat and traced them onto plain white non-ironable interfacing. I’ve made patterns with newspaper before and it sometimes rips and/or gets smudgy ink on fabric and fingers. This interfacing is flexible but tough. I wrote instructions and piece descriptions directly onto the interfacing with sharpie.
Before cutting into my lovely spring stripes, I’m going to practice in two ways. First, I’ll re-sew the vintage dress (all the seams needed strengthening anyway) to get a feel for how the little details are constructed. Second, I think I’ll make a dress from this funky fabric my mom mailed last year…juuuust to make sure I have it right!